Dr. Smith brings a fun and thought-provoking conversation, sharing some of her thoughtfully nuanced considerations of:
- Thinking critically about written and spoken language, and visual symbolism
- Culturally embedded symbolic stereotypes of marginalized social groups
- Individual and collective determinations of "Meaning" "Truth" and what is "Real"
- Individual and collective cultural impacts of symbolism in film and television
- How the human brain translates, interprets, and responds to spoken words
- Symbolism within the contexts of time and social constructs